Stinging Insect Control
Our Preventive Stinging Insect Control Program offers you and your family protection from bees, wasps, and hornets all season long. A protective barrier treatment deters bees from nesting on your home.
This proactive service will allow you to enjoy the warmer weather without the fear of confronting these pests. Our service includes two pre-scheduled treatments annually as well as free return visits, should nesting appear.
Helpful Tips To Protect Your Family From Stinging Insects
In order to protect their nests, wasps and yellow jackets will sting, which can be a painful annoyance or can cause a deadly allergic reaction in some. Typically in late spring and summer, we start to get inquiries regarding wasps and other stinging insects, and what can be done to get rid of them and their nests.
Wasps, yellow jackets, and hornets can be beneficial insects since they prey on other pest insects that destroy your garden flowers and plants. However, in the late summer months they start to look to human food sources, hovering around garbage cans and outdoor food areas.
If wasps or yellow jackets , feel their nest is in jeopardy, these insects will sting, which can be a painful nuisance for the sting victim, or even cause a person to go into anaphylactic shock should they suffer an allergic reaction to the sting. Because wasp stings can cause severe allergic reactions in people, having them nest in your yard or under your deck or eaves can be very dangerous for you and your family.
Safe Nest RemovalThere are many ways to curb wasp and other stinging insect activity around your home, but it is very dangerous to try to destroy a wasp or hornet nest on your own . The only safe way to fully eliminate wasp nests and the nests of other stinging insects on your property is to contact our professionals at Waltham Pest Services- we have the tools and the know-how for safe and effective nest removal.
In order to limit stinging insect activity on your property, there are a few precautions you can take to make your outdoor activities less attractive to wasps, hornets, and yellow jackets, and keep yourself and your family safe from their stings:
- When eating outdoors, only put the food out once everyone is ready to eat, and make certain to put all food away when finished.
- All trash should be put into a trash can with a tight fitting lid.
- While eating outdoors, if a food or drink spill occurs, clean it up immediately.
- Avoid using scented cosmetics and flowery perfumes while spending time outdoors.
- With fruit bearing trees or bushes in your yard, keep the area around them clear of decaying fruit, as stinging insects may be attracted to the decaying fruits and berries.
- While doing yard work, avoid wearing loose fitting clothing and always wear gloves, shoes, socks, and other clothing items that fully cover your body.
- If being chased by a wasp or other stinging insect, avoid sudden movements which may threaten the insect and cause it to be more aggressive.
Getting Rid of Stinging Insect Nest
Attempting to get rid of the wasp nests and the nests of other stinging insects once you identify their location can be a risky endeavor. Most chemicals available to homeowners are ineffective at destroying the insects and their nests, and may provoke an attack. The chemicals can also damage the surrounding plants and trees and be corrosive to the painted surfaces of your home.
The very best way to get rid of a nest is to contact our professionals at Waltham Pest Services. Our knowledgeable technicians locate all nests on your property and have effective means to destroying these nests without putting you and your family in harm’s way.
We will also treat your home with a proactive barrier treatment to make sure that these pests won't nest on your home in the future. Contact us today and let us help you with wasp control and yellow jacket control and to free your home from the threat of stinging insects.
Call Us Today
Call your local service branch location for more information and to schedule your stinging insect problem for elimination!