Mosquitoes: How to Fight Back
Public fear of Zika, West Nile and other mosquito-transmitted diseases make mosquitoes more than a health concern – they’re a business threat. Controlling mosquito populations around your property is crucial in securing guest and resident health, happiness and ratings. So how should you fight the bite?
- Learn what attracts mosquitoes. This includes stagnant water, strong smells and dark colors.
- Remove all sources of standing water. If you can’t completely remove your water features, find a way to circulate them or dump the water weekly.
- Clean your gutters! This sneaky source of stagnant water can bring mosquitoes right to your front door.
- Overgrown vegetation can trap moisture and attract mosquitoes, so keep your landscaping trimmed.
- Don’t forget your insect repellent. Use EPA-approved sprays to keep you and your tenants safe from bites.
Itching for more? Learn the top five things you need to know about mosquitoes by downloading our full resource.